Monday, November 7, 2016

Pig Racing At It's Finest

Pardon me if you haven’t had the pleasure of perusing our park’s most profound piece of playtime! The Pig Races at Timbavati WildlifePark are a hoof above the rest!

Ok so that’s it for my attempt at barraging you with faced paced pig puns. If I am going to write about the pig races though, it’s only fair that I gave that a shot. The Timbavati Pig races have been entertaining families for generations. I had never personally seen a pig race before I started going to Timbavati and when someone mentioned “Pig Racing”, I began to envision horse tracks and things like that. The races were a side note of what was really taking place here.

The pig races are one of the many places where the personality of the Timbavati Wildlife Park Staff actually directly connects with the park visitors. This is an extended interaction as the show lasts about 25 minutes or so.

There are more one-liners being thrown at you during the pig races than a Rodney Dangerfield show and I can appreciate that because it is a thrown back to a slice of Americana that is all but being lost in the shuffle of today’s digital land scape. The feeling of the Pig Races harken back to the side show callers of the Ringling and Vaudeville eras reminding us that story telling and the charm of human wit will always be the purest forms of entertainment and expression.


Check out the video below to see the Pig Races in action. Stop in to Timbavati Wildlife Park when you’re in the Wisconsin Dells to peruse the porker’s playtime personally. (That’s right, I took one last swing at that)


No comments:

Post a Comment